Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ESR of film capacitor is unstated in datasheet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

grizedale

Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Please may i confirm that there is no way of knowing what is the dissipation factor, or esr of this family of capacitors at 84KHz....

ECW range of film capacitors
https://panasonic.com/industrial/includes/pdf/ABD0000CE47.pdf

I wish to know if the 820n, 250V ECWF2824 capacitor can handle 2.4 Amps at 84KHz.

Last edited:

Hi,

That search engine doesnt indicate what the esr might be at 84KHz.

It shows a lot of Panasonic caps.....

i couldnt assess which of those families was for lowest dissipation factor.

Attachments

• Untitled-1.png
    Untitled-1.png
    64.5 KB · Views: 87

Thanks jpanhalt...thats a great dissip factor.

I am not sure where you received that information from though.

i cannot understand why that information was not in the datasheet....i mean those graphs illustrate superb behaviour of this capacitor...so now i am wondering why Panasonic are not putting those graphs in the datasheet.

The links I gave go directly to the data from which I posted just a snippet. Maybe I got a cookie or something in my PC that makes it behave differently than yours, but the click instructions should get you there.

It is not all that uncommon for manufacturers to put repetitious information in a separate document from the standard datasheet for individual components. Although you have not mentioned surface mount, you might find the last 10 pages or so of this document interesting.

**broken link removed**

AVX has several similar notes, including some directly related to SMPS.

John

Status
Not open for further replies.