Not open for further replies.

hunterwc

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi.
I am making a small project with NodeMCU v3 module, and i have problem with power supply. The device will be power by four AAA bateries, which give 6V. And now, how i should connect hx711 module with esp8266, because NodeMCU v3 has only 3,3V pin, and i need 5V to power load cell by hx711. Can anyone help me? Maybe i should use 5V and 0,1A regulator?

Hi,

If one device needs 5V, then use a 5V voltage regulator.
If another device needs 3.3V, then use a 3V3 regulator.

But usually you have signal lines when those two devices communicate with each other. Then you need level translators.

Klaus

So I can't connect it like this?

I need level translator?

So I can't connect it like this?
View attachment 134473

I need level translator?
Yes on all the lines going between the ESP8266 and the HX711.

This is mentioned on the summary page for the ESP8266 device on sparkfun.
Note: The ESP8266 Module is not capable of 5-3V logic shifting and will require an external Logic Level Converter. Please do not power it directly from your 5V dev board.

- - - Updated - - -

though according to the HX711 datasheet it can be powered from a 2.7-5.5V supply, so theoretically you could power both off of 3.3V if you wanted and avoid any level translators.

- - - Updated - - -

It does look like the ESP8266 device itself can have a digital supply of 1.8-3.3V, so if it's on a module I'd first make sure they are not using a 1.8V supply on the digital lines. You should check the device or module datasheet to verify.

OK, thanks for explanation. I need 5V because U\unfortunately load cell has a 5-12 operating voltage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…