Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Esp32 camera stream cross platform

Status
Not open for further replies.

dr pepper

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have put together a streaming camera server using a Esp32, it also controls an r/c servo to pan the cam, I'd like to add some other bits too.
The thing is setup with port forwarding to give remote access.
I wanted to integrate the streamed pictures into my weather station webpage, but I'm struggling to get it to work remotely, it works locally both with its local IP, and with my wanip.
But remotely if I access the camera server page it works fine, however the same html embedded into the weather station html doesnt work, so I guess I'm having some cross platform issues, I've had this with json files before but not with a video stream.
--- Updated ---

This is the excerpt from the webpage html:

Code:
const view = document.getElementById('stream');
//const WS_URL = "ws://" + window.location.host + ":82";
const WS_URL = "ws://" + "192.168.0.32" + ":82";
const ws = new WebSocket(WS_URL);

The html console comes up with 'websocket still in connecting state'.
I'm a twonk, just realised this runs on the browser, not the Esp, so my browser is trying to access 192.168.0.32, which here doesnt exist, derrp.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back