Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ESD Protection in LNA (MGA-87563)

Status
Not open for further replies.

abmikhatri

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am using Agilent's MMIC MGA-87563 for the design of S-Band Low Noise Amplifier. Initially, I did not take care of the ESD protection and lost many ICs. Can somebody, who has used it, tell howmuch necessary is the ESD protection for this MMIC? Note that the absolute maximum current rating of this IC is 6mA

i cannot understand weather u r referring to the ic damage when u r testingthe ESD test or its just when u r handling the is at the time of testing its functionality

if it is at the ESD testing there are some options like have a strong groung and strong/short return path to ground, and u can even try some protective devices like tvs and smbj

if u r talking abt the ic damage then u have to modify u r work place....have a proper esd protection wrist band and ESD mat connected to earth

if u want any more info can mail me or msg me

bye
som

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back