Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Errors while booting in Windows XP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

pd

Full Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi!
I had installed Vista loader in my Windows XP machine and after that I felt it was making my system slower so I uninstalled it.But the following problems are appearing after that.

Booting 'Windows Vista'

acpi
Vista Loader 2.1.0

Done!
fallback 1
find --set-root /bootmgr

Error 17: File not found
Booting 'Windows NT/200/XP'

fallback 2
find --set-root /ntldr

Error 17:
Booting 'Enter Command Line'

After that the floppy disk is accessed multiple times ...then the XP starts to boot and it halts for some time and again boots.....which takes a long time.
I also tried to disable the floppy disk to check if I would escape the irritating sound of multiple access to the floppy disk....but in that case it didn't boot at all....so I had to revert back.

Can any one tell me how to get out of this trouble?

Thanks in advance.:D

Hi,
You'd better format your Computer.

Eh? what the hell was a "Vista loader" really does?

my advice: don't install any XP enhancements, especially those that are'nt really published for it, that might be risky...

Keep in mind: best to look, before you leap (know things first, before done)

I am afraid even formatting would help...as it might have corrupted my boot sector...
Even I am not able to find these messages from any file...if I would find that I can try changing it...
Vista loader is just an third party software which emulates the appearance of Vista on XP e.g. the starting sound....warning sounds...etc will be made to like those in Windows Vista...

When I need to clean out a hard drive, I boot an old Win95 DOS floppy, and use FDISK to delete all the partitions, and then use the undocumented command FDISK /MBR to rewrite the executable code in the master boot record (the boot sector).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back