Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Error with Frequency Domain Solver in CST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Irenaius

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
My first post in a forum ever haha

I started using CST Microwave Studio by following the tutorials given with the documentation. Whenever I try to use the Frequency Domain Solver I get the following error message:

"An unsuccessful termination of the port mode solver has been detected. Do you want to start again with an alternative port mode solver?"

I read through most related parts of the help file, checked again if I have all the settings as told in the tutorials and tried to vary all possibly related (as far as I know) but it doesn't work with any of my models. To be true, I dont really know what is meant by the error message. The message window only says:" Terminated abnormally", which doesnt give much information as well.

In general the tutorials dont work just as described, for example I had to increase the mesh for the transient solver to run w/o errors. Took me a while to figure that out.

Thanks for answers!
Irenaius

can you post the tutorial and a screen print of the error ?

I did several turorials, I will give two examples:

1) CST MICROWAVE STUDIO - Workflow and Solver Overview

This tutorial is located in the CST Folder and part of the main documentation (simple T-piece waveguide)

2) The Antenna tutorial

This tutorial is located in the Help -> examples/CST MWS Examples/Tutorials/Antenna

Following the error message, which pops up first.

Fehlermeldung.PNG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back