Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Error while simulating Verilog-A file in Hspice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnson

Advanced Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hsp-vacomp failed to compile verilog-a file

I was trying to simulate a sample Verilog-A file in Hspice, but I got this error. HSP_CML_CACHE is pointing to c:\EDA\CML\
What does it mean and how I can fix it?

** error **
During Verilog-A Device processing:
CML file does not exist
'c:\EDA\CML\1.46\c\\eda\synopsys\hspice_a-2007.09\demo\hspice\veriloga\\lib.win32\biterrorrate.cml'

Verilog-A

It is urgent! Any help?

Re: Verilog-A

When the HSPICE Verilog-A compiler runs it takes Verilog-A source and creates a compiled form called a compiled module library (CML) file. This is a DLL that subsequently gets loaded by HSPICE.

The system is saying the CML file does not exist so it's most likely that biterrorrate.va failed to compile for some reason. Since this is an example I would guess maybe you don't have a hspiceva license? or there is a problem with the installation.

Look in the lis file and/or the val file (the latter is the Verilog-A only log file). That might give you some clue as to why it failed to converge.

Patrick

Verilog-A

thank you, I saw val file, it was license problem!

Verilog-A

Hi, I have the same problem. How to handle it? and what is the "hsp-vacomp" lic? How to settle it?

Thank you!
Best regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back