Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Error while running LVS on Cadence

Status
Not open for further replies.

joe24

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello all,

I am having an error when I run LVS using Cadence. The error states:

Invalid LVS run directory
You must initialize the LVS run with a valid LVS run directory
before you can probe.

I have no idea what this error is or how to fix it. I have never seen it before.

Can someone give me an idea of how to get rid of it? Thanks alot.

by the way, I should mention that I am not an expert with cadence, Im familiar with the basics and am just learning it. So if you can please explain as if talking not to an expert but an newbie. Thanks again.

joe24 said:
Hello all,

I am having an error when I run LVS using Cadence. The error states:

Invalid LVS run directory
You must initialize the LVS run with a valid LVS run directory
before you can probe.

I have no idea what this error is or how to fix it. I have never seen it before.

Can someone give me an idea of how to get rid of it? Thanks alot.

by the way, I should mention that I am not an expert with cadence, Im familiar with the basics and am just learning it. So if you can please explain as if talking not to an expert but an newbie. Thanks again.

I assume you had done drc before, and so you need to specify a lvs rule file to run the lvs.

I did specify the file, as I usually do. But for some reason or another, this error shows up.

can you post the error log message?

Sure.. I have uploaded it. Let me know if there is any trouble viewing it..

Added after 4 minutes:

I didn't upload.. I try again..[/img]

Also, someone pointed out to me that it might be that I should make sure the CDS Netlinsting Mode is set to Analog.. Would this be of any help to my problem??

joe24 said:
Also, someone pointed out to me that it might be that I should make sure the CDS Netlinsting Mode is set to Analog.. Would this be of any help to my problem??

Of course, CDS Netlisting mode has to be set to Analog if you are doing anything other than pure digital circuits.

Seems like the layout netlist, which is automatically generated, has syntax error. I suspect if you correct the above probelm that your problem will be solved. Otherwise, you should also have a temporary log file generated during the lvs process. you can look at the directory to see what is wrong there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back