Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Error while downloading image in Vxworks

Status
Not open for further replies.

asprakash

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello friends,
I tried to execute a simple socket program provided in vxworks example directory. I compiled and got the .o file. Aft that download the .o object module. But I am getting error in downloading window,
"Unresolved symbols encountered while downloading:error while downloading:c:/tornoda/......
_socket
_inet_ntoa
_bind
_accept
_listen

need help. I already included all the header files for those socket APIs. the following hedaer files i have included in my pgm.

#include <stdio.h>
#include <vxWorks.h>
#include <sockLib.h>
#include <taskLib.h>
#include <sysLib.h>
#include <types.h>
#include <socket.h>
#include <netinet/in.h>
#include <ioLib.h>
#include <arpa/inet.h>
#include <string.h>

I am using Vxworks 5.4 and Tornado II. It will support tcp/ip normally or need to install any packages for tcp/ip?
Any idea.

------------
Prakash
**broken link removed** is a Open source site for learners and beginners

You need to add support for TCP/IP in the VxWorks kernel. Use Tornado to enable it.

Thank you cfant. First i did wrongly. I created my project as a down loadable image. so that i cant able to add tcp/ip component. is it true? or any other solutions?
Aft that, I tried with BSP config method and added the tcp/ip component. Now its working properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back