Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Error when running makefile: [log] error 24

Status
Not open for further replies.

sree205

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,
I'm trying to run lec through makefile. When i run the script without the use of makefile, i don't get any problems. tool runs without a hitch and produces the log files. but, when i run it using makefile, i get "make *** : [log] error 24" . can anybody tell me what the problem might be?

Anybody encountered problems like these using tools? personally, i've tried to make sure that there r no spaces in place of tabs and all that in makefile. still the same issue persists

Thanks

Re: makefile problem

Hi,
Try to do:
make <target> -n
This will print all the commands corresponding to the 'target', without executing them. This may help you in finding out, what step is actually failing.
Also if you can send me your makefile, and then we can have a look. Without it it will be v.difficult to say whats going on?
Kr,
Avi
http://www.vlsiip.com

makefile problem

there is only one step in the makefile

ec :
@lec -dofile source.tcl

the same source.tcl, when invoked through CLI and not through make, is not showing any problems.

I think it'll be easier if somebody can post what the error code 24 actually means. i don't get any other message apart from
" make *** [log] error 24".

Thanks.

Re: makefile problem

can you send me your makefile and source.tcl?
look for disk space problems, and also if any file is being created in a area where you dont have write permissions.
Kr
Avi

sree205

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
makefile problem

looks like the tool is sending error nos to the unix prompt and these were reflected by the make file as errors. got them cleared.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back