Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Error when doing Monte Carlo simulation in IC617 with TSMC180 PDK

Status
Not open for further replies.

OrangeHalo

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

I am doing Monte Carlo simulation with IC617 and TSMC 180nm PDK. I am using ADE explorer to do the simulation. But the simulation failed with the following error:

ERROR (EXPOLRER-5052): Monte Carlo run stopped because no statistical data generated for the test.

pastedimage1594826791760v1.png

I ran different corners and it turned out that those simulations are running smoothly. But I am not sure about how to set model sections in MC simulation.

Here is how I set the MC model sections:

pastedimage1594826864489v2.png

Basically I use typical mosfet, bipolar transistor and resistor to build a bandgap reference circuit. And I do set the models to be those with mismatch characteristics. I think the model sections in the screenshot are enough to do the simulation.

Here is how I set the MC simulation:

pastedimage1594827095713v3.png

Here is how I set the output signal:

pastedimage1594827126237v4.png

Could someone please help me with it or give me some hint?

Thanks in advance.

Best,

OrangeHalo

Your images are too low resolution to see. Can you maybe post better resolution images?
Also, can you copy and paste the contents of your spectre output log?

Your images are too low resolution to see. Can you maybe post better resolution images?
Also, can you copy and paste the contents of your spectre output log?
Hi vivekroy,
Sorry for the low-res pictures. I might insert them as thumbnails. Here are the full-images:
errormsg.png

mcsetting.png
modelgrp.png
outputsetting.png

For spectre output log, I did not find it in my simulation bench. I will upload it when I find it. Thanks!

Best,
OrangeHalo

Windry

Hi OrangeHalo do you have solved this problem? I meet the same thing as you
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back