Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Error in JDM programmer: verify failed at address 0000h

Status
Not open for further replies.

rc

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
ic-prog behaviour

I had copied a jdm programmer but when i program a device -it say verify failed at address 0000h. I check the connection the hardware setting of ic-prog, it was ok.

Advice is highly appreciated.

Thanks

Re: ic-prog behaviour

Thanks u for the suggestion but port was already set at com 1 and still the error existed. Is there any setting that have to be adjusted? And where is 0000H?

ic-prog behaviour

Address 0000h is the RESET VEctor, the address to be executed upon POR and RESET. hmmm. If you are using a XP OS, have you change the ENABLLE XP Driver option? If you have not, goto > Settings > Options > Misc Tab> ENABLE NT/2000/XP driver.

Before doing this be sure that the ICPROG driver and the ICPRO software are on the same folder or path.

hope this helps

ic-prog behaviour

try with this software
**broken link removed**

if this one also fails try measuring the voltage from your com port using the test hardware function in icprog

Hi !

Lots of problem may occur when using the original JDM programmer:

- Your serial port cannot supply the necessary voltage levels (minimum of -9V and +9V) to achieve the 13.3V used on Vpp

- You are trying to reprogram an already programmed PIC with internal oscillator enabled. So IC-PROG has the wrong timing sequence of Vdd and Vpp. When JDM was created, the PICs used the sequence Vdd on and Vpp on to enter the programming mode. More recent types of PICs use the sequence Vpp on and Vdd on, because if you raise Vdd first the PIC may start running the program code already programmed.

- Some PICs come with the LVP (low voltage programming) mode enabled from the factory. So you must ground the PIC PGM pin when using the JDM programmer.

- High pins PIC may have more than one power supply pins. Be sure to connect and feed all power supplay pins.

try increasing the I/O delay value upto around 20 which is available in the <Hardware> menu if your programmer is correctly connected and the correct COM port is connected.

Best regards

Randika K

hi rc,

I had the same problem before,because of code protection fuse.
After ic prog writes the program to your chip it reads it again and compares between what it writes and what it reads, and if code protection fuse is checked it will not read anything .So verfication error message will appear ( but the chip is programmed)

Regards
A.Abbas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back