Not open for further replies.

zfkyo

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
problem about HFSS

I use software of HFSS to simulate the log-periodic dipole antenna which has 12 pairs of dipoles.When analying,the window of message manager says that :[error] Initial mesh, process mesh3d : Unable to recover all the surface triangles.I don't know how to solve this problem, so I want someone's help.

Re: problem about HFSS

I have just a comment on using HFSS and is that you must make your structure as simple as possible.
when you consider everything and make a complicated structure, that will take more time and also your computer need more RAM.

Regards

problem about HFSS

I think (as mreza1355 said) you made your structure rather complex, and you may have even created some intersecting 3D objects. try to unite them using boolean\unite.

I think this error appeared while creating the 3d mesh to be used in solving the antenna. so I believe it is mainly due to some mistake in creating the structure.

I hve had the same error before and I have tried the "unite function and it has fixed some things but in some cases Istill got the same error. I contacted the tech support before about this issue and he mentioned to me to change the adaptive freq. to your resonant frequency. THis fixed my problem with this error. I had to fine tune the adaptive frequency.

hi,

please refer to the following post: and my answer

hope this helps

hihi zfkyo, can you tell me how to create the model of LPDA
or , you send it through email is appreciate.
and it is : fanqikai@163.com
Thanks in advance

I met similar problems before,and I solved it through this ways:
1 your antenna is a wideband antenna,so for the solution frequency,you had better choose the middle frequency of the frequency band
2 for the diogue:solution setup,for the tab"advanced",tick "ues the lower order solution" and change the target to about 0.1
3 recommend you to add your RAM to IG

it is a buge of HFSS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…