Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[error] Fast sweep setup, process abc3d

Status
Not open for further replies.

sandruska

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I'm trying to analize a coaxial to circular waveguide transitions and when I try to do a fast sweep, HFSS shows the next message:

[error] Fast sweep setup, process abc3d : "LumpPort1" mode 1 crosses cut-off in the specified fast sweep range. Consider splitting the sweep into multiple ranges. Use a port-only discrete sweep to locate the cut-off frequency.

What does this mean?

Thanks and Regards.

Hi,

In Waveguides use waveports. Set more than one mode, and you wil be able to see the frequency ranges of each mode.

Itai

hi
why more than one mode should be used? what is the advantage?
thanks.

itaifrenkel said:
Hi,

In Waveguides use waveports. Set more than one mode, and you wil be able to see the frequency ranges of each mode.

Itai

I am Analysing a coaxial to rectangle waveguide transitions and I am using rectangles for aproximating the coaxials. The design doesn't permit me using wave ports (I think. Please, see the design). What can I do?, Could I use wave port in this design?, How?.

Regards and Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back