Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] error burning .HEX file into atmega328P

Status
Not open for further replies.

alfie.max15

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i had started out working with microcontrollers recently and its the first time i am trying to burn this.. i just got the programmer 2 days back and with lot of help from another post (https://www.edaboard.com/showthread.php?t=278141) i have made some progress from knowing nothing to something..

but now i am facing another problem...

C:\NEX AVR STK500V2\AVRDUDE\avrdude.exe -C C:\NEX AVR STK500V2\AVRDUDE\avrdude.conf -p m328p -P NEX-USB-ISP -c stk500v2 -U flash:w:C:\Users\Alfie\Downloads\Compressed\at-prog_1287\BLINK.HEX:a

avrdude.exe: stk500v2_command(): command failed
avrdude.exe: stk500v2_command(): command failed
avrdude.exe: stk500v2_program_enable(): cannot get connection status
avrdude.exe: initialization failed, rc=-1
Double check connections and try again, or use -F to override
this check.

avrdude.exe done. Thank you.

can anyone please help me out cos i have been trying to figure out what is going on...

C:\NEX AVR STK500V2\AVRDUDE\avrdude.exe -C C:\NEX AVR STK500V2\AVRDUDE\avrdude.conf -p m328p -P NEX-USB-ISP -c stk500v2 -U flash:w:C:\Users\Alfie\Downloads\Compressed\at-prog_1287\BLINK.HEX:a

avrdude.exe: AVR device initialized and ready to accept instructions

Reading | ################################################## | 100% 0.04s

avrdude.exe: Device signature = 0xffffff
avrdude.exe: Yikes! Invalid device signature.
Double check connections and try again, or use -F to override
this check.

avrdude.exe: AVR device initialized and ready to accept instructions

Reading | ################################################## | 100% 0.04s

avrdude.exe: Device signature = 0xfffffe
avrdude.exe: Expected signature for ATMEGA328P is 1E 95 0F
Double check chip, or use -F to override this check.

thanx for all your time and for helping me in every way that you all could...:)

i did figure out what the problem was...

i just checked the board if there is power being supplied by the programmer... surprisingly there was only getting hardly a 1V reading in the multimeter...
and i was pretty sure that the programmer would supply power to the board cos i had read it in the manual...

and so i went back and started reading the whole manual and then noticed that there is a jumper which can be used to set if power has to be supplied to the board or not... and with that... yes...

Burning successful...

Thank you guys for all your help.....

You all have been of real good help...

thanks sooooo much...

Status
Not open for further replies.