Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

error after synthesis in vhd code generated from system geerator for 2x2 matrix mult

Status
Not open for further replies.

dksagra

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

i have made one project in simulink (.mdl)
just a 2x2 matrix multiply

i used xilinx blockset toolbox for making 2x2 matirx multiply with the help of muliplier, add/subs, convert,gateway blocks etc.
actually i am making a 32 bit width 2x2 matrix multiplier..

In model block of 2x2 matrix muliply ,the arrangement (connection of all individual blocks) is same like i mentioned below.

in--->gateway in-->convert(32 bit, signed, decimal at 16)-->mult-->add-->convert-->gateway out--> out and display.

compilation is perfectely happening and results is coming and accurate.

when i generate VHD code of it and sysnthesis and i go for the systhesis report, it is generating everthing good (i.e. LUT,FF, SLICE etc used) but with having high IOB (44 %)

for the same example when i reduce number of bits to 16 bits, signed and decimal at 8 and did the same procedure again now everything remain same but IOB used got decrease(22 %)

for the same example when i reduce number of bits to 8 bits, signed and decimal at 4 and did the same procedure again still everything remain same but IOB used further decrease.(11 %)

though IOB are decreasing but still they are utilizing more resources in FPGA

why this is happening?
is there any way to improve my mdl block diagram so i can sought out the problem of IOB utilization

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back