Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ericsson t28sc at command problem when sending sms

Status
Not open for further replies.

bolongsox

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
ericsson t28sc

Hi,
I'm doing an interfacing project between atmega32 and ericsson t28 mobile phone, everything works right, the mcu can connect to mobile phone and talk to each other nicely, but when i tried to send prepackaged PDU ( i don't need any on the fly encoded PDU since all i need is to send predefined message to predefined mobile number ), the AT+CMGS=xx command got ERROR response.
Using Hyperterminal also result in the same ERROR, while issuing test command seems to indicate that SMS related AT command set are all supported ( +CMGF, +CMGS, +CMGL, etc. )
Is there any specific initialization sequence to perform beforehand ?
Just for information, I use direct connection between mcu and mobile phone, with voltage limiting zener diode in mcu tx line ( t28 works at 3.6v, while my mcu board is 5v ). I'm pretty sure that this is not hardware problem though, my suspicion is incorrect initialization... any advise will be greatly appreciated :)

Status
Not open for further replies.