Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Equivalent circuit of a printed loop antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nano_o

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello everyone !
I would like to model my patch antenna under its equivalent circuit form, but I don't know how to combine the already existing model of a loop antenna with my model which include a partial ground plane and a microstrip feed line.
I will be grateful if you could help me or give me some recommendations of useful references or links.
Thank you in advance! : grin:

Depends on how your present circuit looks like.

A partial ground plane may be represented by a coupled lossy inductance plus possibly a parallel capacitance, the feed line as an ideal or lossy transmission line...

Reactions: Nano_o

Nano_o

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
thank you for your answer FvM,
my antenna is a square loop patch antenna.
concerning the feed line it is not an ideal one, but if you do not mind could you please tell me how to model both cases!
thank you :thumbsup:

I was thinking of the ideal and lossy transmission line models in circuit simulation programs, e.g. SPICE.

It's important to understand if transmission line common mode waves are involved, if so a combination of multiple transmission line models may be used to model common mode and differential waves.

What's the frequency range of your antenna?

Nano_o

Thank you once again for your reply FvM,
I beg your pardon but I would like to know if I get the meaning of your sentence "It's important to understand if transmission line common mode waves are involved," did you meant that the antenna has multiple resonance frequencies if so yes the antenna is a multiband with a frequency range
3 GHz- 50 GHz.

Common mode waves would be involved if a transmission line is e.g. connected single ended at one and differentially ended at the other end without a suitable balun.

Nano_o

Thank you very much! well.. yes in my case the common mode waves are involved :oops:

Hello,
volker@muehlhaus it is a loop antenna actually.
thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back