Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Equipment for programming a tiny chip

Status
Not open for further replies.

etheboard

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i want to program a tiny chip, size is 3 mm x 3 mm.

what equipment do i need?

You can route the programming pins to a header on your board (ICP), you can use an adapter + programmer or you can ask the manufacturer of your device to deliver it programmed.

You can route the programming pins to a header on your board (ICP), you can use an adapter + programmer or you can ask the manufacturer of your device to deliver it programmed.

May I have its image?

It never matters with the size of the chip. First of all let me know the number of the "Tiny" device you need to program. Every chip will have its own programmer where you may too have an option of programming "IN circuit" ICSP.

I already linked to a set of adapters. Bit hard to narrow it down if you don't tell us what device it is you wish to program ;)

That narrows it down about as much as "What kind of plant is it" "It's green". Actually, that would narrow it down more.

If you are looking for a way to program a 3x3 SMD microcontroller before it is soldered on to a PCB, you could get a socket from Plastronics (or a similar manufacturer) and make yourself a little programming PCB... I usually test new IC's in one of these sockets before I go and solder a bunch down on to evaluation kits. The sockets are a bit pricey, but I've been incredibly happy with them over the years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back