Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Equatios for DC-DC converter..Boost Converter...

Status
Not open for further replies.

bharatsmile2007

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi all,

can anyone provide me the equations for Boost Converter?The equations for finding out L,C?

Thanks a lot....

Wiki provides the equations.
And - if you don't mind it's in German ;-) .

Thanks for the info..

can you tell me,how to do ac analysis for boost converter(pls find the attachement)..?

I need to find the gain and phase margin for the same...When I am giving ac=1(magnitude) the gain is 0dB, but when I give ac=10m 0r any other value I see a gain.

Is it that i need to give only ac=1 and not any other value for doing ac simulation?

Would you pls clarify my doubt, why only ac=1 and not any other value?

Thanks in advance...

Re: Ac analysis

bharatsmile2007 said:
When I am giving ac=1(magnitude) the gain is 0dB, but when I give ac=10m 0r any other value I see a gain.

Is it that i need to give only ac=1 and not any other value for doing ac simulation?

Would you pls clarify my doubt, why only ac=1 and not any other value?
All frequency-domain analyses (AC, XF, SP, TDR, noise) use a linearized circuit around a DC operating point (which is calculated first). So it doesn't matter, which magnitude of input voltage (or current) you inject: it can be 1mV, 1V or even 1kV (overmodulation or clipping effects don't exist with a linearized circuit model). The gain is always output_voltage/input_voltage, and it doesn't vary at a linearized circuit. Because it is rather convenient to divide by "1", usually this input magnitude unit is used. Hence the gain is equivalent to the numerical value of the output voltage in such case.

If you think you got a different result when injecting a different input magnitude, you most probably forgot to divide output_voltage/input_voltage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back