Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Equalizer dc gain and boosting

Status
Not open for further replies.

lipkai

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everyone,

I've some simple questions on equalizer design.
Why do we need high DC gain for a equalizer design?
If there's a tradeoff between the DC gain and boosting? Which of this is more important?

The equalizer that I'm looking right now is the rc source degeneration.

Nobody knows what you are talking about.

Is it an audio equalizer? Or a video equalizer?
Then it needs no DC gain.
What is "rc source degeneration"?????

transceiver receive equalizer

You need to be more specific. Are these transmitters and recievers microwave links? Are they wired logic links over a long cable? Are they optical links over free space or fiber optic cables?

first, boost enough what you need
then you colud do the dc gain as much as you want

Equalizer means the high frequency gain boost, more than the DC gain.
when the signal transmitts the long cable, the signal is attenuated. in that case, it is very difficult to get good eye-diagram because of ISI, so we need the 'equalizer' at the receiver.
I think the boost gain is more important than DC gain.

Both DC and frequency gain are important to a successful EQ design as there are both DC and high freq gain loss across the channel, so ppl in the research world or even commercially will have two paths for DC and high freq compensation.
However, it's subtle to implement both in a single loop and need many iterations in design process

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back