Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Enquiry of UHF tag antenna design

Status
Not open for further replies.

guillaumechen

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

I'm now designing a UHF tag antenna with inductively coupling. For UHF band, the operating range of frequency is from 908MHz ~ 914MHz. However, from my simulation result of return loss - frequency, I found out that the minium point of return loss was left shifted (around 820MHz). How can I improve my design so that the whole curve of return loss can be re-located inside the UHF band?

Please help me~Thanks a lot.

Best Regards,
Guillaume

Hi FvM,

Thanks for your suggestion. I had made an improvement after adjusting the dimension of patch. However, the diagram of return loss had an undesirable peak at the RHS of the frequency. What should I do to eliminate this peak?

Best Regards,
Guillaume

I wonder how you get a positive dB return loss. Is your antenna generating energy?
I'm not familiar to HFSS, but something seems to be wrong in your simulation setup.

The setting of my tag antenna:

-Substrate:
40(X) x 50(Y) x 1.6(Z) mm; FR4_epoxy
(The antenna is located at the middle of the vacuum box)

-Vacuum Box:
80(X) x 80(Y) x 50(Z) mm; vacuum

-LumpPort:
16 + j380 {because my chip impedance is 16 - j380 (chip cannot be changed!)}

(Any others please check the attachments~)

Please HELP~~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back