Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

energy of the even mode and odd mode in coupled MSL

Status
Not open for further replies.

pudding

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
site:www.edaboard.com even odd mode

Hi everyone,
I am studying coupled microstrip lines right now. And I am confused by a questions. Do the energy of even mode and odd mode equal to each other when the V1=1v, V2=1v (voltage on each strip)for even mode and V1=1v, V2=-1v for the odd mode? Does that depend on the Zc of even mode and odd mode?
For solve that questions, I use hfss to simulate a coupled MSL, and use field calculator to get power for even mode and odd mode. But I find the result is very sensitive to the device length. Is there any error in my simulation? I attached one of simulation file. The length I tried is 5mm, 10mm, 20mm, The other parameters are:
w=0.15mm(strip width), s=0.3mm(distance between two strips), h=0.254mm(substrate height), er=30, ur=1, 1GHz. Delta S=0.005. The results are
Power in the cross section L=5mm L=10mm L=20mm
even mode 0.02176 0.02688 0.031034
odd mode 0.02233 0.030637 0.050199

Any guidance and advise will help. Thanks!
pudding

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor