Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

encryption and decryption algorithms

Status
Not open for further replies.

fox#

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
my project is GSM based door latch opener. so in the program i have planned to use encrypt and decrypt algorithm to make the system more secure. in the program it randomly supplying a password, then i have to convert that according to the algorithm. to convert that password i need a USER FRIENDLY and SECURE algorithm. please give me some ideas for the algorithm to convert the password. need a reply as soon as possible.

Your choice should be based on - memory available ,speed,Device etc ...

Generally for Embedded Systems look table based implementations are preferred ..
I personally prefer AES ...

here is one example AES ...

h**p://edipermadi.wordpress.com/2008/01/21/implementing-aes-using-pic16f84/

Hash Functions are another option.. You can generate Hash value of the password and store it When a user enters a password on such a system, the hash value will be calculated and if the hash value generated from the user's entry matches the hash stored , the user is permitted access.

here is a list of some hash functions

h**p://www.larc.usp.br/~pbarreto/hflounge.html

using assymetric key algorythm how can i do it? do i have to program the mobile also? if so how?

u need to build a secure link between your remote device (should be your mobile) and the door lock. try to understand the Transport Layer Security (TLS) or Secure Socket Layer (SSL). here is a good link to start Transport Layer Security - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

for cryptography reading, i still recommend the book written by Bruce Schneier Applied Cryptography 2nd edition.

good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back