Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Encounter Library Characterizer Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

eklikeroomys

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Halo,

I'm having a problem with characterizing only one cell in a digital library.
The simulation of the cell completes with no errors along with all of the other cells, but as soon as ELC tries to write the cell to ALF, it receives a segmentation error, or says that the cell is locked.

I have no idea how to fix this, I have tried releasing the locks with db_clean but this doesn't fix the problem. This is the largest cell in the library which generates the most simulation vectors, could this be the issue?

Thank you

do you have the solution with you now? can you please share it ?

In the end I had to remove that specific cell from the library. It may have used too much memory for the machine to handle, causing ELC to fail.
I may retry some or other time on a newer machine.

Hallo,

I am creating a standard cell library.

TO generate the *.lib file, should I generate Netlist including the load caps the schematic or without load ?

if at all does it make any difference, including and ignoring load cas in Netlist used in Library generation.

thnku in advance

No, without. Only place your standard cells in the netlist. ELC will automatically determine the load that each cell is capable of driving etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back