Not open for further replies.

Baube

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I need to do a "Prescaled Demux". I have 1 input signal (Encoder), coming in at 10kHz and I need with that signal to trigger 8 cameras at a multiple of that encoder. I have attached an image of what I need. As I am used with microcontrollers I wanted to program one to receive the input on an Interrupt and than do maths to check if(EncoderCount % 2) Trigg CAM1 & CAM2 // if(EncoderCount % 4) Trigg CAM3 & CAM4 // if(EncoderCount % 5) Trigg CAM5 & CAM6 & CAM7 & CAM8 ... The number of prescalers should not change. I have 3 groups. The value of the prescalers may change (design time, not run time). I'm not sure yet what's the perfect value but may vary for 1 to 8.

I was thinking of Demultiplexing the input in NB_Prescaled_Clock (3 in my case) and then add an IC Prescaler (MC12093 only does 2/4/8, anyone knows one that does 1 to 8 ?) and then Demultplexing those prescaled signals to the number of outputs for each prescaled signals.

I want to avoid uC, i'm sure I can do better with just 'electronics' and no 'software'.

I'm not very used with mux / demux / IC prescaler... So if anyone could suggest specific parts, would be appreciated !

Thanks,

-Yannick.

Attachments

• Demux.png
    43.2 KB · Views: 47

Nobody has any idea, hint, part numers, other... ?

Thanks,

-Yannick.

Status
Not open for further replies.