Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[General] Encoder and Decoder pairing for RF modules

Status
Not open for further replies.

vinnu1

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi...
I am using HT12D & HT12E decoder and encoder in my RF application.
these modules are having 8 address bits and 4 data bits. 4 data bits are using for transmit the data and address bits are using for pairing with another end module(encoder/decoder). we are having 8 address bits. so we got only 2^8 combination. so we can able to design only 512 pairs. if we want to design more than 512 pairs, what we will do. if we want to design n number of TX & RX pairs with these ic's what is the process i m not getting. help me how it is possible?

we are having 8 address bits. so we got only 2^8 combination. so we can able to design only 512 pairs. if we want to design more than 512 pairs, what we will do.

Lets say that you want to design 1024 pairs of encoder and decoder both.Here you will be having 10 bits(1024=2^10).What I think could be possible(Could be wrong too,might not work) is that you attach a memory cache where one line can hold about 10 bits(or even 16 bits) of data and immediately forward the first 10 bits to the encoder with the last bit first(10th bit) and then the decoder can work on those encoded 10 bits.Now getting the data bits arranged to transmit data...no idea on how can that be done.

Status
Not open for further replies.