Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

enc28j60 ethernet mac and physical layer. please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

m_pourfathi

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
enc28j60 mac address

Hi all,

I am implementing a mini web server using ATmega32 as my micro-controller and the famous enc28j60 as my mac and phy layers. For my test procedure I am using a 3com hub-switch. My mini-server is connected to it. When it recognizes a device the light on on the port starts to blink. I was wondering what exactly does it mean? does it mean that my device has assigned a mac address to itself? how can I test my device's mac address to ensure my enc28j60 initialization programming is correct?
thanks

enc28j60 ethernet

Light on ports corresonds to speed & duplex mode of hub-switch in which it is working.
Phy layer is corresponds for this configuration. Once this configuration is done , link is get up & it will be indicated by LEDs on port.
MAC address feature is related to MAC layer & its nothing to do with those LEDs on port.

Status
Not open for further replies.