Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

EMtoSPICE, S-parameter

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikekan

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
touchstone s parameter

hi all,

I need to import S-parameter file into HSPICE, but I still do not know to do it.

I've just found a website of EMtoSPICE in which S-parameter can be converted to SPICE model.
**broken link removed**

Is there anyone used this software before? Should I use it?

Thanks a lot

how to call touchstone files in spice

Have not used that software. Would appreciate your review. For the same problem EMC Studio System Simulation mode with S2Cir convertor can be used. For final calculation Spice/PSpice solvers can be further used there directly. If you could share Touchstone file (external circuit might also be useful), I could convert it for you.

emtospice

thanks so much for your advice. I still confused about Touchstone file? Is it a S-parameter file? Could you please explain a little bit for this basic question?

spice model touchstone file

Yes, usualy when you measure S-parameters or obtain from simulation they are stored in *.s2p, *.s3p, etc test files with special format - Touchstone. This is commonly-used format for S-parameters matrix representation.

mikekan

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
emtospice version 1

thanks for your quick reply.

I'd like to send you my capacitor and transformer Touchstone files. Could you convert them for me?

By the way, could you tell me how to declare these converted files in HSPICE please?

emtospice

Please attach files here or give some other link.

s parameter

Oh, sorry! I added 2 files but I didn't know why they disappeared.

I re-attach them now.

Thank you.

convert spice format .sub .s3p

Attached is archive with converted files. The files represent complex SPICE sub-circuit, providing the same circuit behavior, which is described by original Touchstone files. To use them in Spice simulation you should just use the same technique as is used for sub-circuits interconnections - I am just not sure in HSPICE syntax, so I am not providing you exact command.

The Capacitor file is 2-ports file (4 nodes used for connection) and starts from line:

.SUBCKT Cap48fF_long p_plus_1 p_minus_1 p_plus_2 p_minus_2

where p_plus_1 means positive connection-point of port 1, etc.

mikekan

use touchstone files s parameters spice

Thanks so much. I tried to declare in HPSICE with .model command but in vain.

However, the Touchstone files I gave you just have 4 frequencies for S-parameter (cause of my mistake option in ADS).

So, could you please again translate for me for these attached files in this time?

Again, thank you very much.

convert s parameters to spice model

No problem. Please see it attached.

I think you should use not .model specification, but sub-circuit call each time you use element in full circuit. But probably also model can be sued. You have to ask in neighbour circuits-oriented forum about usage of sub-circuit as circuit element.

mikekan

touchstone s parameters usage hspice

thank you so much. I think I should use sub-circuit as you told me

Dear EMC

Are you still be able to convert touchstone S-parameter format into Spice format?
I have a USB30 cable model and I need to convert it into spice

Sure. Please upload your file.

Hung Wai Ming, your case is quite complicated, I will need some time to handle it...

Hi,

EM dataset to spice model generation can be done in Advance Design System(ADS), BroadBand Spice Model generator is a tool in ADS which does conversion from *.ds(dataset) file to *.sp2, *.sp3, *.hsp, *.bbn, *.ckt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back