Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

EMI/EMC weighing M/c Tested for Susceptibility failed

Status
Not open for further replies.

kumar

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi!

I got a electronics weighing M/c Tested for Susceptibility test. It failed between 350 - 450 MHz. The test range was 80 to 1000 MHz. Could someone help me with the reasons for this happening.

Thanks

Bye!

Hi.

There are many reason for failing in EMC tests.

Can be more specific, please? What appen to your unit?

Some points to :
- What about your analog inputs? If you are using OP-Amp are the inputs correctly filtered?

- What about your PCB? Are you using a correctly routed PCB? (From EMC point of view). Is your ground path right?

- What about your casing? (Is a good shield?)

- What about cables connected to your unit? (are they filtered?)

This can be only a starting point... but anyway..

GOOD LUCK !!

Since you failed susceptibility is such a specific band, I would look for resonant structures.

Look for an opening in the shield/case that could be acting as a waveguide for the band you failed. Cable entryways are frequent sources.

Look for circuit areas (long traces, wires, etc) that could be resonant antenna structures - a Grid Dip Meter can be helpful in this endeavor.

Without more specific information, the above is all I can immediately think of.

Re: EMI/EMC

check your filter circuit clearly once again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back