Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

embeded systems- opinions on the best microcontroller

Status
Not open for further replies.

arvin444

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
embeded systems

please tell about the best microcontroller archeitecture in practise.
and the language in use to program it?

Re: embeded systems

If you´re thinking of 8 bits microcontrollers the most widelly used are the PICs from Microchip and the AVRs from Atmel. Both can be programmed using assembly or C-ANSI. Both have dedicated forums and lots of stuf on the internet. They have small differences that may be important in a new project, so read the datasheets and decide what´s the best for your application by yourself. If you decide to use the AVRs I can send you some papers. Please google edaboard for more answers. There are others too: Texas, Motorolla, etc.

thnx.i want to program avr usin Ansi c.could you please share the differences between the c which we use for the desktop applications and in case of microcontrollers?
Also please tell about the sources of the assembly tutorials and c tutorials for the mc...

ANSI C may be thought as a "subset" of C, so I think you´ll have no problems using it. There are very good compilers on the market, like Codevision and ICCAvr. Check out
Please get in touch by email so I can send you more information.

Added after 3 minutes:

Codevision forum **broken link removed**
AVRfreaks forum http://www.avrfreaks.net/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=index

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back