Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

embedded system design

Status
Not open for further replies.

anne rachel

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi,
I am new to digital image processing.The following problem is just over my head.
I need some help on how to solve this problem and i would be grateful if certain links on this aspect is posted for me to
understand the basics...

Consider an embedded system which accepts two channel 16bit audio inputs whose frequencies
are in the range of 300Hz to 17KHz and two camera inputs at a frame rate of 30 frames/second
and 320x240 frame size with each pixel having R,G and B components having 8 bit resolution.
Calculate the amount of memory needed to store 1 second input data. Embedded system does
FIR filtering on audio channels with 64 coefficient FIR filter and 9 sample median filtering on the
image. If each operation takes 1 clock cycle of the embedded system which runs with a clock
speed of 600MHz does the system work in real time? Median filtering is done for each pixel, say
p(x), by considering its 3x3 neighbors. Arrange 9 pixels including p(x) in ascending order and
replace p(x) by the middle value. Such filters are useful to reduce salt and pepper noise. Assume
memory access time is also 1 clock cycle.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.