Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

embedded system c language

Status
Not open for further replies.

RISCIT

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hey guys,

Im french so sorry for my english.

I m actually working on an embedded system which is up with one MIPS. The purpose is to embedd a C program onto the device(The MIPS in my case). The compile that i use i Cygwin and librairies are not the same that i have when i run my c program on Windows. So the compiler is not gonna to understand when for example i want to put some text on an LCD with classic funtion such as printf(). we have therefore to write code ourself to make understanding at the MIPS what we want to do, somebody has an idea of how we can do that.

Thank you

generally with embedded systems one tends to be limited to a function which writes a C string (a char[] array) to the LCD
to write formatted data you can use sprintf to convert the data to a C string
sprintf - C++ Reference

then write the C string to the LCD

generally with embedded systems one tends to be limited to a function which writes a C string (a char[] array) to the LCD
to write formatted data you can use sprintf to convert the data to a C string
sprintf - C++ Reference

then write the C string to the LCD

thank you for the link, i m going to read it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back