Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Embedded or vlsi-- whcich has better future??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eti rastogi

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello
I am final year B-tech student(ECE).
I am confused whether I should go for my MS in embedded dept. or in VLSI.Can smebdy help Me???I want to know what are the job opportunities available in the both domains and which field is better from future perspective.I am mostly planning to go to US for my MS degree.

Which field has a better future seems a good point to discuss.

First of all These technologies are complementary. A typical embedded system has VLSI components integrated into it. So both fields have a good future.
For me embedded systems is a more interesting field, as it sits on top of everything. You get a bird's eye view. VLSI is the much of core part though. It's a top priority that the VLSI design is perfect, as the whole system depends on it. If you're in the VLSI team, you know the system in & out. However, the embedded engineer (mostly, people who write assembly or low-level code that control the VLSI chips) may not be aware of what goes on inside the chip.
Opportunities are more for embedded systems as VLSI reached some stage like saturation as the processors are powerful and can deal with complex problems having small size.Though there are less jobs in VLSI But you have interest in VLSI Go for it... If you have good knowledge about VLSI. And gets R&D jobs in VLSI .You will get much better pay than embedded. :)
Check this link..Here some statics are given :- https://www.siliconindia.com/traini...-professionals-be-required-by-2015-id-19.html
At the end of the day .. you gotta decide for yourself. I'm currently work in embedded systems.

Reactions: vNa5h

V

Helpful Answer Positive Rating

vNa5h

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back