Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

embedded modem 8051 microcontroller, connection problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

algilsan

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi,
I just finished a board to make a direct conection to internet via modem, my board has an embbeded 8051 microcontroller.
It's conect to my ISP very good and my problem is,

I have a network at home, this network is connected to internet by an ADSL router. Well i have an static public IP, the port i'm going to use is 4390 and i have open this port on my router to redirect all trafic to one computer of my network.
So i connect my embbeded board to internet, then it makes a PING request to my router ( my static public IP), my router makes a response to my embbeded modem, so everything OK!, now the board begins to send UDP packets to my public IP, and 4390 port. (i have a program listening to this port for UDP packets). But i don't receive anything.

I have installed an sniffer program to monitorize ethernet packets, and something curious happends, the program doesn't receive any packed sended by my embbeded board, also doesn't receive the PING request, but the router made the response. But if i make a PING request from a computer inside my network, the program cacht the PING requests packets and the PING reply packets. So i don't know what's happening. Maybe the router only accepts packets to inside network if an inside computer made a packet request to internet (FTP, HTTP, PING, etc.) previously?

Could anybody help me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back