Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

embedded Linux board and serial communication issue...

Status
Not open for further replies.

kievari

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I have an embedded board running Linux, and a servo motor controller called SSC-32 which has a strange issue when communicating with

the board. I'm sure it could be regulated from the router side by programming, but I don't know how so I write here to get help.

I found out that to set SSC-32 to communicate with WRT54GL, each time I must repeat this procedure:
1. Turn both the devices on
2. Short router RX and TX and echo something from router to itself and get that bunch of stacked data
3. Return serial set up to the right place between SSC-32 and the router
4. Finished! Now serial communication takes place normally.

If I don't pass the step 2, SSC-32 still obeys the command and runs servo motors, but issuing:
cat < /dev/tts/0 gives no feed back from the motor! Having 2nd step passed, feed back will also work right!

I have no problem with the hardware configuration of my serial port. All set up logically and functioning. No trivial error in setup (and no

common issues like sending c/r characters).

It seems that there is some data stacked in the board during initialization process. When I do that 2nd step, I first receive a bunch of

information about my embedded board, and only then it is "ready" to have data from SSC-32.

How could I command Linux so that completely reset the serial port, and throw away all data that exist there and bring the state ready for a

new communication to start, both from the command line and by programming (in C)?

Any idea very appreciated :)

Unload and reload the serial port driver if it is compiled as a loadable module.
--
Amr Ali

amraldo said:
Unload and reload the serial port driver if it is compiled as a loadable module.
--
Amr Ali

Unfortunately it is not compiled as a loadable module. Could you please explain more, why this must be a driver issue? Did you guess or there is a certain reason?

It was just a guess.
--
Amr Ali

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back