Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Embedded Firmware Engineer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gursahib Singh

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hiiii guys... I have an interview for 'Embedded Firmware Engineer' after 10 days in a good automotive company. Can you people guide me how to prepare or it ? Its like a dream for me. Please guide me its a request. What kind of questions are expected?

Dear Gursahib Singh,

You need strong knowledge in Embedded Concepts and C Language

Some of topics

How Interrupt service when 2 occurred at same time?
How volatile keyword is using explain with examples program
Structure padding
function pointer
Negative value storing in memory
How main and Sub functions differ from interrupt functions

As it is an automotive company I would look into what protocols are used in that industry
How communication is handled in vehicle systems and what family of chips etc may be used.
Anything specific to the industry. What processor/buses etc are used.
Do you know anything about failsafe technology etc.
If they ask anything specific it will probably be just to probe your level of knowledge
so don't panic if you dont know something - just say so.
Have a good scan of wikipedia.org for general info.

Good luck

CAN bus basics, MISRA standards, use of volatile, const, meanings of the static keyword, why malloc is a really bad idea in small embedded things, safety integrity levels.

Meaning of 'realtime' and some considerations surrounding it.

Matlab and Simulink may be areas of enquiry, together with automated code generation using these tools.

Basically, lots of mostly low level embedded stuff, plus some car stuff and some use of automatic code generation bits and a few safety bits.

there is usually little point in interview prep in this sort of sense, any engineer worth their salt can tell very quickly if you claim experience in something but have only read the Wikipedia entry.
Far better to spend the time coming up with good answers to the 'soft' questions, you know the ever hated "Tell me about a time you had a disagreement with a college..." stuff, this is actually worth thinking about in advance so you have some good answers, the technical stuff just has far too many directions it could go in.

Regards, Dan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back