Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Embedded code structure and scheduling without an RTOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisRR

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi guys, I'm wondering if anyone can recommend any books or articles.

When I develop embedded software, I always use a super loop and a number or FSMs for software modules.
My issue is that when I develop software this way, the code can become overly complex and likely creates a lot of jitter.

I've read quite a few books which focus on developing software in a super loop, or that focus on the basics of embedded/driver development, I've also found a lot of books that focus on developing complex software using an RTOS or embedded Linux.
But I'm having trouble finding books that fill the space in between. I'm looking for books, articles or blogs that focus on embedded development with good code structure/architecture, stable driver development and achieving firm/soft deadlines.

If anyone could recommend any reading on this intermediate level of embedded development it'd be much appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back