Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Embedded application development with PCI or PXI

Status
Not open for further replies.

yhm

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
linux pxi

Hi:

I am new to embedded system development. Recently I am looking for modular embedded IO controller. I found PCI or PXI hardware. However, to interface with such hardware, vendors provide high level programming language such as LabView, etc.

I am interested in open source development such as openBSD or Linux. Could you provide some help where can I find more information about this?

Alternatively, could you provide some information regarding embedded system development for modular embedded IO controller such as PCI or PXI?

Regards
yhm

Hi:

Any platform will do. I do not want to rely on LabView. I am also looking for performance and cost.

Regards
yhm

If you want to use Linux, you can find PCI driver example in A. Rubini's book "Linux Device Drivers" 2nd and 3rd edition. Both books can be downloaded for free in pdf format with complete source examples. Is this what you we looking for?

You want to write a Windows PCI driver? That is doable. You should have elements already available in Jungo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back