Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] EM Field cross interference question towards a 3D AI analog thought computer solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aussie54

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi All,
I'm theorizing about a Quantum computer-based advanced AI concept, and would like to know if what I'm considering is at all possible. So here goes.

If you had two antennas communicating data between them across a room, could you intelligently interfere with this data stream, by using another antenna stream to cross the path of the first beam to selectively alter its throughput?

I guess this comes down to can you interfere with an EM beam like radio or light, by crossing another beam across its path.

I'm a computer science guy so field physics is well beyond my scope. Any answer attempt will be appreciated.

I don't think so. One field crossing another doesn't bock it in same way as a physical object would.
However, it is possible, maybe with difficulty, to produce a signal that cancels another by matching its amplitude but with inverted phase (180 degrees out) but generally you have to target both the intended and blocking signal at the reception point. It wouldn't work if the waves simply crossed over in the ether.

Brian.

I don't think so. One field crossing another doesn't bock it in same way as a physical object would.
However, it is possible, maybe with difficulty, to produce a signal that cancels another by matching its amplitude but with inverted phase (180 degrees out) but generally you have to target both the intended and blocking signal at the reception point. It wouldn't work if the waves simply crossed over in the ether.

Brian.
Great answer thanks for taking the time.
Kind of interesting that in the double slit experiment that it was found the mind interfering with a stream of photons or electrons could collapse the wave function beyond the slits, so I thought a light beam across a light beam probably would too.
You saved me some time here, best wishes.

Added:
I just tried crossing two purple laser beams to look for interference. No noticeable change was visible.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back