Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ELF File format for ARM compilers (for my own debugger)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kekon

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I'm interested in debugging Cortex-M3 microcontrollers, especially STM32. I know it may soud silly (there are many debuggers to use) but I'd like to build my own debugger (software and hardware including STM32 devices programmer). GCC ARM compiler generates *.elf file which is used by debuggers. I found official ELF file specification in the Internet but it seems it lacks important information which i search for. For example, the specification does not say anything about such information as what flash memory adressess are assigned to particular lines of source C code (which i suppose are used by the debugger to highlight the current line of source code being executed) or all the variables names used in your program (including local and global ones). Is it possible to find better specification of the ELF file ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back