Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Elevated CPW simulation in Momentum

Status
Not open for further replies.

lasportiva

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
ports cpw in momentum

How does one simulate an elevated CPW using Momentum? Note that in this structure, the signal and ground electrodes are not on the same layer. How does one assign the ports so as to determine the s-parameters?

Thanks!

I've never used Momentum so far, but I guess it's similar to Ansoft Designer. You can try with it. It's not difficult. If you want some directions about it, let me know...

I.

I guess my question is if this geometry can be simulated using a 2.5D simulator such as momentum. And if so, how... As the name suggests, an elevated coplanar waveguide has the central conductor elevated compared to the outer two ground electrodes so that the three electrodes are no longer on the same layer. I have seen CPW modeled using coplanar ports (which are similar to differential ports) and slot structures in Momentum. I am unsure if an elevated CPW can be modeled with slots.

Ian - if you have simulated a similar structure before, any suggestions are most welcome!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back