Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Elektor LCR Meter - reviewing the plans and parts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris56000

Full Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Re: Elektor LCR Meter

Hi!

I'm reviewing the plans and parts I've laid in now for mine!!!

If anyone still fancies a go at Elektor's one here are the sources:-

Hirschmann PB4 PCB connectors PC1-PC4:- Farnell
ADSP2101 80 Pin PLCC RoHS:- Farnell
PGA103:- Farnell - use PGA103U and SOIC to DIL Adaptor
OP282:- Farnell - use OP282GSZ and SOIC to DIL Adaptor
AD620ANZ:- Farnell
5k49 resistor :- Farnell
AD1847JP:- EBay from Littlediode in USA
AD847:- Ebay - assorted suppliers!!!
The original Bopla Ultramas case (UM32009L) is still available from Bopla's UK agent in Aylesbury - check the dimensions & part nos ***very carefully*** to make sure you get the correct ones - Bopla's website is atrocious!!!
PCB:- Eurocircuits (€42.70 and 2 weeks!!!)
Mains Transformers:- Farnell or Rapid Electronics, Colchester, UK

The rest of the stuff is standard RS, Farnell or Rapid Electronics fare you should be able to obtain no problem!!!

My office only recently allowed the staff to place orders so I've only sent for my PGA103, OP282 and Hirschmanns today! The only other thing you'll need is 0.5mm tinplate for the upper and lower screens, a word in your local engineering-shop might help here!!! I ***think*** RS/Farnell have the material but you'll still have to chop it and bend it to size/shape of course!!!

Hope this helps!!!

Chris Williams

Added after 1 minutes:

22 Sep 2009 16:30 Elektor LCR Meter
---------------------------------------------

Hi!

I'm reviewing the plans and parts I've laid in now for mine!!!

If anyone still fancies a go at Elektor's one here are the sources:-

Hirschmann PB4 PCB connectors PC1-PC4:- Farnell
ADSP2101 80 Pin PLCC RoHS:- Farnell
PGA103:- Farnell - use PGA103U and SOIC to DIL Adaptor
OP282:- Farnell - use OP282GSZ and SOIC to DIL Adaptor
AD620ANZ:- Farnell
5k49 resistor :- Farnell
AD1847JP:- EBay from Littlediode in USA
AD847:- Ebay - assorted suppliers!!!
The original Bopla Ultramas case (UM32009L) is still available from Bopla's UK agent in Aylesbury - check the dimensions & part nos ***very carefully*** to make sure you get the correct ones - Bopla's website is atrocious!!!
PCB:- Eurocircuits (€42.70 and 2 weeks!!!)
Mains Transformers:- Farnell or Rapid Electronics, Colchester, UK

The rest of the stuff is standard RS, Farnell or Rapid Electronics fare you should be able to obtain no problem!!!

My office only recently allowed the staff to place orders so I've only sent for my PGA103, OP282 and Hirschmanns today! The only other thing you'll need is 0.5mm tinplate for the upper and lower screens, a word in your local engineering-shop might help here!!! I ***think*** RS/Farnell have the material but you'll still have to chop it and bend it to size/shape of course!!!

Hope this helps!!!

Chris Williams

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back