Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Elektor esr meter usage

Status
Not open for further replies.

savetheday

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all
I have elektor esr meter. I read this article.But it's complicated for me.Could you guys explain it basicly?How does it works etc.?Is there any chart to compare the values?

Foto 1-1.JPG
Foto 1-2.JPG
Foto 5.JPG
Thanks..

Go to last page of article. Do each bit such as :-
"1.Start with the voltmeter circuit.
P1 should be disconnected at this
point. Connect a known, accurate
voltage source of less than 200
mV to point TPA (test point A)
and adjust P5 until the LCD
shows the right value. Remove "
What is your problem with this? If its getting 100mV, put a pot across a power supply and set the output to 100 mV with your DVM.
The set up instructions look OK to me.
Frank

ok.
I'm trying to do what u said.First of all which part i am going to connect Black powersupply cable (GND)? I set powersupply to 0.150 Volt and connect cables like picture underneath.But It can only adjust to 18.5 or more so i played with other P2 P3 P4 adjusts but nothing happened.
**broken link removed**

Thanks

Forget everything
First of all I checked IC5 and IC7 component and its around (+ -) 4.98 volts and then disconnected P1.
Ok i set voltage source to 0.150 V and then connected to positive(red cable) crocodile connecter ESR Meter TPA (There are TPA and A labels!) and now which part should i connect negative (black cable) ? There is no GND label?
So I tried with negative crocodle connecter to A lable and then i read (1 .) open circuit i adjust P5 and then with without any idea other potentiometers P2,P3,P4 but no changes.it's still (1 -)
Last question do we need extra DMM for readings i'm looking only Esr screen.
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back