Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ELECTRONICS OR COMPUTER ENGINEERING??...WHAt do u think????

Status
Not open for further replies.

akmirror

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
well..i m a electronics student but i think now that computer engineering is a must for electronics student like me...coz u need to know abt programming n stuffs like that...well i m trying to build my very first robot..n u know...there's so much progarmming to so..microcontroller comes...i always think if i had known abt VISUAL basic..JAVA..i would hav really done good projects especially in robotics....So...PPL...can u plz help me...clear my views regarding this..IT would be a gr8 help...............????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????[/code]

Re: ELECTRONICS OR COMPUTER ENGINEERING??...WHAt do u think?

what do you think about the interfacing part... maybe the microcontroller part you are needing programming consider there is a small problem in the interfacing part and the moving parts then you would be able to find the fault using the voltage and other specs that are supposed to be present at a particular point.... so what a computer engineer would be thinkin at that time is he should have been an electronics engineer because of the software things that we are learning....

one thing you gotta understand is that each branch has its own specialities and real life problem cannot be completed with knowledge of just one subject....

Electronics Engineering is a broad field buddy, Computer Engineering is a subordinate of Electronics Engineering (or better said, a truncated field in electronics)

well, its really up to you now to choose

(best to look, before you leap)

I think i'd stick with the broader range of elec.eng., i know from experience that modules of computer engineering arent always the most practical and the learning of the programming languages is still down to you.

I would say learn the languages as you need them- its more effective that way and you are learning to use, not just for the sake of it.

good luck however you go.

I'll go with electronics... with electronics, it's more easy to adapt with various electrical engineering fields such as power engineering and telecommunication.
but it's up to you, every field has its own advantages and disadvantages.. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back