Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Electronically Tunable filter

Status
Not open for further replies.

liberal

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I want to design an electronically tunable filter ,900MHz---1400MHz,can u give me some examples and aricles?thank u?
is it hard?

Just have a look at this paper. Hard is relative. If you have some skills in making PCBs and some mechanics (for the case) or at least someone at hand who can do this for you, the thing is not too complicated. But don't ask further details about this design, i haven't realized it yet.

liberal said:
I want to design an electronically tunable filter ,900MHz---1400MHz,can u give me some examples and aricles?thank u?
is it hard?

You can do a very simple tunable filter using shunt varactors and inductors in parallel. Reverse biasing the varactors will allow you to move the center frequency.

You can also couple a few of these networks together to produce a sharper rolloff. Another option is to add a gain block between a couple of these resonators. One might do this in a receiver front end for example.

Status
Not open for further replies.