Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Electronic water descalers

Status
Not open for further replies.

betanorm

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
epe descaler circuit

Does anyone have a schmatic for electronic water descalers?

There is one project in EPE 1997 but I don't have that one..

Is electronic water descalers effective as they claim? Any experience ?

water descalers

What is done is that a high electric field is made in the water and the ions are attracted to the plates. Since commercial practice always uses special tanks with solid chemicals, I would think that these electronic methods are not as good as the chemical methods.

magenta pipe descaler

I have seen a commercial water descaler (electronic) with cables going out of the box. There was no plates immersed into water. The salesman told me that those cables should be wrapped around the water pipe.

There was an intensity control on it.

epe oct 1997

I'am curious if anyone has built this & if so what is their opion on it's usefulness.

electronic water descalers

You could try e-mail Mark Stuart, he should have a lot of feedback by now (1997-2004). I am sure you can get his address at EPE magazine.

Ante :roll:

electronic descaler schematic

can somebody tell me how to properly wind the coil into the pipe? are we going to cut the coil in halves and wind it in both ends into the pipe? can somebody help me... please... this questions pertaining to the pipe descaler of sold by magenta...

epe magazine water descaler

for those who know how to wind the coil in the pipe for the magenta kit please email me at freakinfella@yahoo.com any suggestions and comments will be very much appreciated thanks in advance...

If you are talking about the designe published in the EPE oct 1997, as indicated by ante, then you must simply wound 55 turns of insulated wire arround the pipe.
In my opinion, the wire could be a telephone wire, an enamel insulated wire or any other insulated wire. From the article it looks like it is a single layer coil of 55 turns.
There is enough tolerance in the number of turns and in the wire guage since the used frequency is between 1200-14000Hz. i.e if you wound 60 turns or 50, the circuit would also work fine. It is better to wound some more turns than less since at 1200Hz the impedance ot the coil would be lower than been expected and the T1 transformer would be loaded more.

P.S. Use copper pipe, iron one won't work.

I know these stuff. It's hard to say it works or not. If the water is not too hot, the water circulate like central air system. It works a bit. With it, there is almost no scale or even there is, it is very soft. But if the water is very hot like used in cement factory, it doesn't work at all. I think all the manufacture know this, but just keep their mouth close for business. We see it as nutrition. Well, you never know it works or not.
All the theory just theory, no hard evidence could prove them.

Hi,
Do you still want the schematic? the copy of the article I have it.

Hi,
Do you still want the schematic? the copy of the article I have it.

hey darryl_co,

Can you please provide the schematic of magenta pic water descaler

link: **broken link removed**

regards.
tag_elec

Hi,
The zip file contains The schematic with description and the pic programming code.Sorry for the delay!

Attachments

• PIC Water Descaler.zip
    1 MB · Views: 169
If I wound the coil on plastic or PVC pipe will it work?
What should be the water flow rate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back