Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Electronic "Turn signal" for cars

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldmp

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I need a schematic for a circuit, which is compatible with the original turn signal relay in the car, when the signal is turned on/off, but on a short contact it must flash the lights 3 times.

have someone a schematic for me?

I dont understand the part "on a short contact it must flash the lights 3 times." can you please elaborate that?

I was thinking of making similar thing for a long time. but I have a optical steering rotation sensor in my mind for turning of the turn signal. Also, in case the turn signal is on for, say, a minute, it must warn the driver with a beep/voice that the turn signal is on. This can easily acheived with a small micro controller.

Hi,

I have seen it in a Mercedes.. It's the same, as the normal turn signal, but when you just press the switch, it flickers 3 times automatically, then it turns off. But by a normal turning it flickers so long as you need it..

Which car is it suppose to be compatible with? You can buy a standard relay for Audi or VW which works like you describe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back