Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Electromechanical Switches

Status
Not open for further replies.

tsubasa

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,
Are electromechanical switches absorbtive or reflective?

Thanks and best regards,

I'n looking specifically for narda switches; and they don't have such an information in their datasheets

hi. electromechanical switches do usually show very high isolation 60-80dB, which probably makes irrelevant whether they are reflective or absorptive

regards

If the switch is in the high isolation state (>20dB) where the VSWR is high, that means is reflective.
There are some options where using a combination of multiple switch contacts, to terminate for example the isolated port with 50 ohms and become absorptive.
In this way the switch is absorptive regardless the state position.

vfone said:
If the switch is in the high isolation state (>20dB) where the VSWR is high, that means is reflective.
There are some options where using a combination of multiple switch contacts, to terminate for example the isolated port with 50 ohms and become absorptive.
In this way the switch is absorptive regardless the state position.

I agree, but I would add that of course the absorbitive switch is more expensive than reflective.
Also, the absorbitive one has slightly worst VSWR along through line.

Also, the absorbitive one has slightly worst VSWR along through line.

I couldn't understand what does it mean exactly? How can absorbtive switch has worst VSWR?

Thanks,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back