Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Electromagnetic Flux Density Required to move an object

Status
Not open for further replies.

crossengineer

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi guys,

I need help with a problem I have as part of my study. I'm looking to calculate the magnetic field strength required to separate a moving polystrene microsphere which is coated with iron oxide. I know the following;
1. The force in newtons required to separate the sphere
2. The mass of the sphere
3. The velocity of the sphere is travelling in

I keep running into problems when trying to calculate the magnetic field strength needed to move the sphere. I'm really not sure how this is done as this area isnt my background so I am struggling. If anybody could please help as soon as possible it would be much apprecated.

Thanks!

It could involve F = qv×B.

Last edited:

Electromagnetic strength required to move an object

I need to be able to calculate the required electromagnetic strength to separate a moving sphere in a channel. I know the mass and velocity of the sphere but I am not sure how the required electromagnetic strength is calculated so that the sphere direction is changed? Anybody have any ideas?
Any help would be much appreciated.

Re: Electromagnetic strength required to move an object

Do you know the relative permeability, rotational inertia, friction and threshold for criteria "to Separate", and the channel properties?

Re: Electromagnetic strength required to move an object

Thanks for the reply. Yes I know all conditions of the system including relative permeability, rotational inertia and friction. I also know the force and acceleration required to separate a moving sphere in a channel. I'd like to be able to apply a formula to relate this to electromagnetic strength. Maybe I am being too simplistic but any ideas how this how this could be done?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back